Search in blog
JA Marketplace version 7.0.0
Very important update of the JA Marketplace module in which many new features have been added such as the double security check and the considerable improvement of many of the pages of the seller account.
VERSION 7.0.0 (19/06/2020) - major upgrade
* ADD: use init() function in controllers
* ADD: double security for seller account with security token
* ADD: code has been split to make it easier to maintain
* ADD: the template system has changed a lot and is divided into blocks
* ADD: use $urls.base_url global variable in footer links
* ADD: added the class "jmarketplace-panel" to create blocks
* ADD: unify "addseller" and "editseller" in "seller" controller
* ADD: required fields for seller account
* ADD: now the seller's url can be generated with the store name
* ADD: "addseller.js" now is "seller.js"
* ADD: the link to the seller's catalog has been relocated in the seller's profile
* ADD: new rating star system for seller comments
* ADD: change of appearance on the market sellers page
* ADD: appearance change on customer favorites page
* ADD: unify "order" and "orders" in "order" controller
* ADD: major design changes on seller order page
* ADD: the seller's order number now appears in the header in the order list
* ADD: now the seller can contact the customer from the order
* ADD: seller action confirmation messages are now displayed on your order page
* ADD: now the seller can print your order
* ADD: unify "carriers", "addcarrier" and "editcarrier" in "carrier" controller
* ADD: "addcarrier.js" now is "sellercarrier.js"
* ADD: a dropdown menu is now used for action buttons from seller's carriers list
* ADD: "dashobard" controller now is "sellerdashboard" controller
* ADD: "sellerinvoicehistory" now is in "sellerinvoice" controller
* ADD: now it is possible to indicate what type of graph the seller will see on his dashboard (bar or line)
* ADD: better organization of the seller's withdrawal page
* ADD: now the administrator can set the number of days that will allow the seller to request a withdrawal
* ADD: unify "sellerproducts", "addproduct" and "editproduct" in "sellerproduct" controller
* ADD: seller action confirmation messages are now displayed on your product list
* ADD: most advanced filter in the seller's product list
* ADD: now the seller can duplicate products
* ADD: call "actionProductAdd" hook when seller create a product
* ADD: link to import and export products is now within the seller's product list, removed from menu
* ADD: reference is now displayed in the seller's product listing
* ADD: a dropdown menu is now used for action buttons from seller's product list
* ADD: from the seller's products page there is now a link to the online catalog
* ADD: "addproduct.js" now is "sellerproduct.js"
* ADD: "sellerproducts.js" now is "sellerproduct.js"
* ADD: "sellerproductlist" now is "sellercatalog" controller
* ADD: in the seller's catalog there is now a header showing the seller's name, description, and photo
* ADD: the seller's catalog shows the number of products that are enabled and a filter that allows ordering by relevance, name and price
* ADD: in the seller's online catalog there is now pagination considering the all parameters established in the store configuration
* ADD: the association of products with the seller already appear on the webservices
* ADD: sellers page layout improvements
* ADD: pagination added on sellers page
* ADD: error handling of forms has been improved
* ADD: fontawesome 5
* ADD: flexbox
* ADD: use Bootstrap modal windows for some cases as transfer history or send a message
* ADD: a little rounding has been applied to the seller account buttons
* ADD: now it is possible use fontawesome or material icons
* ADD: update module description
* ADD: seller image appears on product page
* ADD: statistics or data summary in the seller view (backoffice)
* ADD: seller can now keep top menu and options menu hidden or visible
* ADD: 12 new hooks added
Very important update of our main module in which we have added a lot of features that are sure to interest you.
It is important to know that this update is only available for PrestaShop 1.7.5 onwards.
The init() function inherited from the PrestaShop features is now used in all the seller account controllers to control access to the pages. This is a technical modification that does not represent anything visually but gives more security to the seller account.
Additionally, double security was added to the seller account by adding a unique token for each seller. This means that the links in the seller account are now unique and only the same seller can access.
Both the PHP code that is used to create the module logic and the Smarty code that is used to display the templates have been divided with the main objective of facilitating maintenance. It has been divided into approximately 80%. Little by little, we will divide it more.
This means that if you have made modifications to your current JA Marketplace installation and want to update, you will have to pay close attention to the new templates and drivers that this new version has.
The template system has changed a lot and is now divided into blocks or smaller files.
Footer links now use the global variable "$ urls.base_url".
As much as possible, the same template is used for the footer of all pages in the seller account.
At the CSS style level, the "jmarketplace-panel" class was added to create content blocks within pages with a rounded border. This greatly improves the presence of the information available on the page for sellers and customers. We note that the style sheet has also changed considerably.
The "addseller" and "editseller" controller have been unified. The "seller" driver is now used to create and edit seller accounts.
The same is happens for Smarty templates. The file "addseller.tpl" and "editseller.tpl" have been replaced by "seller.tpl".
For the seller account the selection of required fields was added. Now the administrator can decide which fields are required to create and edit a seller account.
Now it is possible to generate the url of the seller with the name of the store instead of with the name of the seller. The administrator can decide this behavior from the module configuration.
The file "addseller.js" was removed to replace it with "seller.js".
In the seller's profile the link to the seller's catalog has been relocated. If the administrator decides to display what's new in the seller's profile, the link to view the seller's catalog appears just below the seller's new products. Otherwise, the link to view the catalog is kept in the same place as before.
The customer account favorite sellers page has had a major change in its appearance.
Controller "order" and "orders" have been unified into a single controller "order". In this way, we continue to simplify and reduce the code.
The seller's order number now appears in the order header.
The seller's order page has had important changes in its design but keeping the same structure.
Now the seller can send a message to the customer from the order management.
In the order management, the confirmation messages of the order status change actions and the introduction of the tracking number were added.
The seller can now print their order in a more acceptable format.
The "carrier" and "addcarrier" controllers have been unified into the "carrier" controller.
The file "addcarrier.js" was replaced by "sellercarrier.js".
A drop-down menu is now displayed for the action buttons on the seller's carrier list with the option to edit and delete.
The "dashboard" controller has been changed to "sellerdashboard".
In the "dashboard" or sales summary, the seller's filter is now maintained over time since your selection is registered in the session cookie.
The "sellerinvoicehistory" controller that allows showing a listing of seller's transfer requests has been removed. Now its content is inside the "sellerinvoice" controller.
From the module configuration it is now possible to indicate what type of graph the seller will see on his dashboard (bar or linear).
The page that allows the seller to withdraw funds has been carefully studied. The organization of the page in 3 more visible blocks has been improved.
Now a block appears with the summary, the seller can see:
- Date of last withdrawal
- Total amount received
- Pending amount
- Amount canceled
- Minimum amount to request a transfer funds
- Number of days that must elapse to request a transfer funds
- Collectible amount for the next billing
Next to the summary, the information for the payment appears. Details for the seller's invoice and the chosen payment method appear in this block.
Finally, below the summary and payment information, a list of the money or transactions that can be withdrawn by adding an invoice or not appears.
From the module configuration, the administrator can now set the number of days that the seller will be able to request a withdrawal of funds. You can specify the value 0 to override this feature.
The "sellerproducts", "addproduct", 'editproduct' and "csvproducts" controllers have been unified into a single "sellerproduct" controller.
Seller action confirmation messages are now displayed in the product list.
The table showing the seller's product list has been greatly improved. Added a more advanced filter and it is now possible to sort by each field in ascending or descending format.
The seller filtering information is now maintained over time as your information is stored in the session cookie.
A drop-down menu is now displayed for the seller's product list action buttons where he could be view, edit, duplicate, or delete.
Added a new action to the seller's product list. Now the seller can duplicate your products.
On a technical level, the hook "actionProductAdd" is now running when the seller creates a new product.
The link to export and import products is no longer on the main menu. It now appears at the top of the seller's product list, on the buttons to the right.
The product reference is now displayed in the seller's product list. The filter can find the products also according to the reference.
In the header of the seller's product list, a link was added that allows direct access to the seller's catalog.
The file "addproduct.js" has been replaced by "sellerproduct.js".
The content of the "sellerproducts.js" file has been added to the new "sellerproduct.js" file.
The "sellerproductlist" controller has been replaced by the "sellercatalog" controller.
The seller's catalog or page showing all of the seller's products to the customer has been greatly improved.
The seller's catalog now displays a header with the seller's name, description, and photo or logo.
The seller's catalog also displays the number of products the seller has available, and customers have a selector available to sort products by relevance, name, or price.
In the seller's catalog the pagination was added considering all the parameters established in the store configuration.
The association of products with the seller already appears in the web services (webservices).
The market sellers page has had important changes to its appearance and also the sellers pagination has been added.
Error handling of forms has been generally improved.
Added the Font Awesome 5 feature in svg format. In addition to that, the administrator can decide which icon font he wants to use for his market: Font Awesome or Material Icons. This is a very good function since some templates don't work well with Font Awesome and maybe they can work well with Material Icons, considering that the classic PrestaShop 1.7 template uses this icon font.
At some points in the design, the new Flexbox technology is used to accommodate the elements on the screen.
The modal windows that Bootstrap brings are now used for some special cases such as viewing the withdrawal history or sending a message.
At the design level, a small rounding was applied to the buttons that appear in the seller account.
Updated the module description that was out of date.
In the additional information block on the product page, the seller image now appears right next to the name and rating stars.
On the page that allows the seller information to be displayed (Backoffice), the list of products was removed to add a block of seller statistics, a much more interesting and unduplicated information. Now appears some statistics or summary of seller data such as:
- Products uploaded.
- Enabled products.
- Uninhabited products.
- Carriers created.
- Orders received.
- Commissions paid.
- Commissions pending.
- Commissions canceled.
- Transfers requested.
- Transfers accepted.
- Pending transfers.
- Messages received.
- Responses received.
- Unread messages.
- Degree of satisfaction.
In this way, this page has been restructured into 2 columns. The seller's information with the photo, name, email, etc. appears on the left and 2 blocks appear on the right: how to pay the seller and the statistics as a novelty.
For some users the top menu of the seller account is annoying but for others it is very interesting to have all the options in view. We have had a lot of debate with this.
Finally, we have decided that each seller can keep both the top menu and the side options menu displayed or hidden as long as they are enabled by the administrator.
This decision of each seller is saved in the cookie of the same to maintain the decision over time. At any time, the seller can open or close the menu to change the decision.
It is now possible to indicate whether the seller assumes the discounts or not. In the catalog, the administrator can create discounts for orders. These discounts can be discounted in commission or not.
To finish off this work, 12 new hooks were added in this great update.
11 new visual hooks were added, one for each tab of the form that allows adding and editing product.
And, a new action hook was also added to add the error handling of the new features that can be added to the form.